Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 2 of the Beautiful Blooms and Tutorials

At this Time I dont have a new tutorial for you to view but I wanted to share some of the flowers I have made and repost a few cards that I used them on. I'm hoping to be able to add a new Tut before the end of the 2nd day so check back later. In any case I'm still giving away some blog candy so make sure you become a follower and leave a comment. Thanks again for joing the Hop. It has been a blast for me to be a part of it, a great FIRST experience for participating in a Hop and FIRST time to create a Tutorial. I hope that you were able to learn a few new techniques to enhance your flower making fun.


The orange Daisy is slightly different from the ones on the Cards. The flowers on the cards have a smaller size punch of the same flower for the middle and then I used some very small prima flowers for the center by clipping the little flowers and stacking several on top of each other as I did the daisy punch flowers. I inked the edges of the each petal AFTER I used a pencil or dowel rod to curl them up. Adding the ink always adds more demension to the flower I think. On the orange flowers or even yellow or red I would use a dark brown ink. I used black ink on the black and white flowers. I usually use color box inks. The small individual ones. They are easier for me to use and because inking edges of paper will wear on your ink pads. Then I have only invested a couple of dollars in an ink pad and gotten LOTS of inked edges from it before it falls apart on me lol. I hope you try it out and post on my Facebook page, "Linn's Scrap Shack", your results of all your flower making from the new things you have learned from the Hop.


The roses are my favorite to make but most time consuming. They look so real to me. I use Ivory card stock and then just ink the edges to get the color I want except for the red and dusty orange one they are all the same paper color.


I want to Thank everyone that participated in the Hop and a Extra thanks to ALL my new Followers. Makes me Think I Just might be doing something Right!!!! I'm looking forward to more hops and meeting more wonderful people along the way. you can also follow me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Linnsscrapshack

Here is the complete line up for the Hop.
Monica Edwards - http://Scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
Anna Fearer - http://annafearer.blogspot.com/
Linn Cloninger - http://linnsscrapshack.blogspot.com/ (you are here)
Pretty Petal - http://prettypaperpetals.blogspot.com/ (next Stop)
Kindra Snelling - http://creationsbykindra.blogspot.com/
Cassandra Harmon - http://cassiescraftspot.blogspot.com/

Linn,
From my lil scrap shack to yours

10 comments:

  1. These flowers are just incredibly gorgeous! You really have a talent for these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab flowers-love those roses!! Great tip on the inking too-thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love all the flowers and I have to agree the roses are very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are just gorgeous! thank you so much for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! Love the yellow and pink flowers - very cool.

    Mary Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insanely beautiful!! The roses look like they have just been picked! oh my. Glad I found you and will follow you from now on! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome, you are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you have a vid on your blue flowers would love to learn how to make those

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your flowers are so pretty. I want to know if you hand cut or use a machine (i.e. circut)??

    ReplyDelete